By visiting our Site and/or purchasing the Service from us, you are engaging in our Service and agree to be bound by the Terms. These Terms apply to all users of the Site, including without limitation users who are browsers, vendors, customers, merchants, and/ or contributors of content.
Please note, by using the Service, you acknowledge, confirm, and consent to: (i) Scholarship Money generation of revenue from its partnerships with scholarship providers, applicable academic institutions, and other third parties who are necessary for Scholarship Money to provide its Service to you, and (ii) Scholarship Money use of your information and data on Scholarship Money platform in order to do so.
YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 14 YEARS OF AGE TO USE OR ACCESS THE SITE AND OUR SERVICE. YOU MAY ONLY ACCESS AND USE THE SITE AND THE SERVICE IN COMPLIANCE WITH ALL APPLICABLE LOCAL, STATE, FEDERAL, AND FOREIGN LAWS, RULES AND REGULATIONS.
1. GENERAL CONDITIONS
You may use the Site and Service, including the content on it solely for the purposes stated on the Site itself, as described in these Terms and in accordance with any applicable Additional Terms. We reserve the right to refuse the Service to anyone for any reason at any time.
Users are the sole creators of their accounts on the Service and Scholarship Money may not independently verify the information provided. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Scholarship Money account and password. You shall be responsible for all uses of your account and password, whether or not authorized by you. You agree to immediately notify Scholarship Money of any unauthorized use of your account or password.
While as a practice we strive to encrypt data in transmission and at rest, you understand that your content may be transferred unencrypted and involve: (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
2. SITE CONTENT AND PROPRIETARY RIGHTS
The Site and Service include a broad array of content and functionality. All user interfaces, software, and other information and content, or portion or combination thereof, provided and made available by or for Scholarship Money in connection with the Site and Service (“Site Content”) is for use only for individual, non-commercial purposes. We retain all of our right, title and interest in and to Site Content. This includes, but is not limited to all copyrights, trademarks, patents, derivative works, moral rights, trade secrets, and proprietary information in all content that appears on the Site (other than the content of our third-party business partners who have permission to appear on the Site), and in all software that we develop in connection with the Site and our Service. Nothing on the Site shall be construed as granting any license or right to use any image, trademark, service mark or logo. Downloading, copying or printing individual pages and/or parts of the Site is allowed for personal, non-commercial use only, and will not transfer title to any software or material on the Site to you. You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Site or the Service without express written permission by us.
3. LIMITED LICENSE
Scholarship Money grants you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable, and non-sub-licensable right to access and make personal use of the Site and our Service. Explicit attribution to Scholarship Money must be made in the event that the material, or any part thereof, is reproduced in any form, written or electronic. Furthermore, any reproduction, re-publication or distribution of this material requires the express consent of Scholarship Money.
4. PROHIBITED USES
As a condition of your use of the Site and our Service, you will not use the Site or the Service for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms. You are prohibited from:
- impersonating any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity in connection with your use of the Site or the Service;
- using the Site or Service to violate any applicable local, state, national, international or foreign law including United States and foreign export regulations and restrictions;
- using the Site or Service to harass, abuse, insult, harm, defame, slander, disparage, intimidate, or discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, race, age, national origin, or disability;
- reverse engineering, disassembling, decompiling, modifying, or translating any software or other components of the Site or Service;
- distributing viruses or other harmful computer code through the Site;
- attempting to gain unauthorized access to the Site or Service, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Site, through hacking, password mining or any other means;
- removing or modifying any proprietary notice, copyright notice, or trademark legend, author attribution, or other notice placed on or contained within any of the Site, Service, or Site Content or attempting to disable, bypass, modify, defeat, or otherwise circumvent any digital rights management or security system used as part of the Site, Service, or Site Content;
- uploading to the Sites or Service the personal information of others that you are not authorized to provide or using the Sites or Service to collect or track the personal information of others;
- providing any content, data or information to Scholarship Money that contains viruses or malicious code or is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy or right of publicity, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- using the Site, Service or Site Content in a way that suggests you are a representative of Scholarship Money;
- using the Site, Service or Site Content as a platform for external applications, or to develop applications, services, websites, or any other functionalities that leverage the Site, Service or Site Content;
- infringing or misappropriating the intellectual property, proprietary or privacy rights of any third party;
- interfering with or disrupting the proper functioning of the Site, Service or Site Content, Scholarship Money or any third party’s systems used to host the Site, or other equipment or networks used to provide the Site, Service or Site Content;
- communicating the Site Content to the public, provide or make available any links, hypertext (Universal Resource Locator (URL) address) or otherwise grant access (other than a “bookmark” from a web browser) to the Site, or any part thereof;
- circumventing the user authentication or security of the Site or any host, network, or account related thereto;
- using any application programming interface to access the Site, Service or Site Content;
- failing to use commercially reasonable efforts to prevent the unauthorized license, access, sale, transfer, lease, transmission, distribution, or other disclosure of the Site, Service or Site Content;
- allowing any individual to use any account log-in credentials (e.g., user identification(s), code(s), password(s), procedure(s) and user keys) issued to, or selected by, Scholarship Money for someone other than the individual identified in the account information;
- causing damage to Scholarship Money business, reputation, employees, members, facilities, or to any other person or legal entity; or
- otherwise using the Service, Site, or Site Content in any manner that exceeds the scope of use granted above.
Any use which violates these Terms, gives Scholarship Money the right (without notice or liability) to revoke the aforementioned license, cancel any order, or to refuse, restrict, terminate or discontinue your access to the Site, Service, or Site Content (or any portions, components, or features thereof). We shall not be liable to you or to any third-party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Site or the Service.
5. ACCOUNT REGISTRATION AND USE
You, as an applicant, may choose to sign up for an account on the Site. There is no fee to create an account.
When you create an account, you will be required to select a username and password. You agree to provide us with accurate and complete registration information, and we disclaim any liability arising from your failure to do so.
You are responsible for safeguarding your account information, including your password for your account. You agree to take sole responsibility for any activities or actions under your password, whether or not you have authorized such activities or actions. You agree to immediately notify Scholarship Money of any unauthorized use of your password.
When you register for an account, you will be able to create a financial dashboard within your account that permits you to connect your bank accounts and loans to initiate and permit payments.
Scholarship Money does not process payment information. Payment information is handled by third-party vendors. By using the Service, you agree to your financial or payment information being shared with the third-party payment processor. We reserve the right to refuse registration of, or cancel your account at our sole discretion.
6. ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS AND TIMELINESS OF INFORMATION ON THE SITE
Although Scholarship Money attempts to provide accurate product descriptions and other information, we are not responsible if information made available on the Site is not accurate, complete or current. The material on the Site is provided for general information only and should not be relied upon or used as the sole basis for making decisions without consulting primary, more accurate, more complete or more timely sources of information. Any reliance on the material on the Site is at your own risk.
The Site may contain certain historical information. Historical information, necessarily, is not current and is provided for your reference only. We reserve the right to modify the contents of the Site at any time, but we have no obligation to update any information on the Site. You agree that it is your responsibility to monitor changes to the Site.
7. THIRD-PARTY LINKS
Certain content, products and services available via our Service may include materials from third-parties. Third-party links on this Site may direct you to third-party websites that are not affiliated with us. We are not responsible for examining or evaluating the content or accuracy and we do not warrant and will not have any liability or responsibility for any third-party materials or websites, or for any other materials, products, or services of third-parties. We are not liable for any harm or damages related to the purchase or use of goods, services, resources, content, or any other transactions made in connection with any third-party websites. Please review carefully the third-party’s policies and practices and make sure you understand them before you engage in any transaction. Complaints, claims, concerns, or questions regarding third-party products should be directed to the third-party.
Additionally, Scholarship Money participates in partner advertising programs designed to provide a means for Scholarship Money to generate revenue by advertising and linking to those third parties’ products or services. This allows us to keep Scholarship Money 100% free for applicants/students, and keeps 100% of donations going directly to recipients. When such partner relationships exist and there is an opportunity for Scholarship Money to be compensated for referring you to the partner, Scholarship Money will disclose that to you.
8. USER COMMENTS, FEEDBACK AND OTHER PERSONAL INFORMATION AND SUBMISSIONS
9. NO FINANCIAL ADVICE
You are responsible for all financial decisions you make on the Site and using the Service. The Site Content is for informational purposes only, and you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained on our Site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Scholarship Money or any third-party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
All content on the Site is information of a general nature and does not address the circumstances of any particular individual or entity. Nothing in the Site constitutes professional and/or financial advice, nor does any information on the Site constitute a comprehensive or complete statement of the matters discussed or the law relating thereto. Scholarship Money is not a fiduciary by virtue of any person’s use of or access to the Site or content. You alone assume the sole responsibility of evaluating the merits and risks associated with the use of any information or other content on the Site before making any decisions based on such information or other content. In exchange for using the Site, you agree not to hold Scholarship Money, or any third-party service provider liable for any possible claim for damages arising from any decision you make based on information or other content made available to you through the Site.
10. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
We do not guarantee, represent or warrant that your use of the Site or the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free. We do not warrant that the results that may be obtained from the use of the Service will be accurate or reliable. You agree that from time to time we may remove the Site or Service for indefinite periods of time or cancel the Service at any time, without notice to you. You expressly agree that your use of, or inability to use, the Site or Service is at your sole risk.
We do not guarantee or warrant the security of your information or any information you disclose or transmit to us. We are not responsible for the acts of those who gain unauthorized access, and we make no warranty, express, implied or otherwise, that we will prevent such access, and we are not responsible for any damages or liabilities relating to any such incidents to the fullest extent permitted by law.
THE SITE AND SERVICE AND ALL PRODUCTS AND SERVICES DELIVERED TO YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE ARE (EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY STATED BY US) PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND ‘AS AVAILABLE’ FOR YOUR USE, AND WE HEREBY DISCLAIM ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, MERCHANTABLE QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, DURABILITY, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
IN NO CASE SHALL Scholarship Money, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS, INTERNS, SUPPLIERS, SERVICE PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS, CLAIM, OR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION LOST PROFITS, LOST REVENUE, LOST SAVINGS, LOSS OF DATA, REPLACEMENT COSTS, OR ANY SIMILAR DAMAGES, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF ANY OF THE SITE OR SERVICE OR ANY PRODUCTS PROCURED USING THE SITE OR SERVICE, OR FOR ANY OTHER CLAIM RELATED IN ANY WAY TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR SERVICE OR ANY PRODUCT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT, OR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF THE SERVICE OR ANY CONTENT (OR PRODUCT) POSTED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SERVICE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THEIR POSSIBILITY. BECAUSE SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, IN SUCH STATES OR JURISDICTIONS, OUR LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
IN NO EVENT SHALL Scholarship Money BE LIABLE, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY (CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE) UNDER THESE TERMS OR OTHERWISE FOR ANY DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100). SUCH LIMITATION SHALL EXTEND TO ALL LIABILITY OR POTENTIAL LIABILITY, INCLUDING FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR WRONGFUL DEATH.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Scholarship Money and its subsidiaries, partners, officers, directors, agents, contractors, licensors, service providers, subcontractors, suppliers, and employees, harmless from and against any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third-party due to or arising out of your breach of these Terms or the documents they incorporate by reference, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third-party.
In the event that any provision of these Terms is determined to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, such provision shall nonetheless be enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and the unenforceable portion shall be deemed to be severed from these Terms, such determination shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other remaining provisions.
13. CONTROL OF THE SITE; MODIFICATION OF TERMS; TERMINATION
We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue the Site and Service (or any part or content thereof) without notice at any time. The obligations and liabilities of the parties incurred prior to the termination date shall survive the termination of these Terms for all purposes. These Terms are effective unless and until terminated by either you or us. You may terminate these Terms at any time by notifying us that you no longer wish to use the Service, or when you cease using the Site. If in our sole judgment you fail, or we suspect that you have failed, to comply with any of these Terms, we also may terminate these Terms at any time without notice and you will remain liable for all amounts due up to and including the date of termination; and/or accordingly may deny you access to the Service and the Site (or any part thereof).
Any update to these Terms will not apply to your ongoing use of the Service until or unless you expressly agree to the updated Terms, although such agreement may be a condition of your ongoing use of the Service. In other respects, we reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions as they relate the Site on a going-forward basis at any time. If such an update to these Terms materially modifies any of your rights or obligations, we will post notice of the update on the Site for a reasonable period of time.
14. ENTIRE AGREEMENT
The failure by us to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. These Terms and any policies or operating rules posted by us on the site or in respect to the Site or Service constitutes the entire agreement and understanding between you and us and governs your use of the Site and Service, superseding any prior or contemporaneous agreements, communications and proposals, whether oral or written, between you and us (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of these Terms).
15. GOVERNING LAW
These Terms and any separate agreements whereby we provide you the Service shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California without regards to its conflicts of law provisions. The city and county of San Francisco shall have exclusive jurisdiction, and you hereby waive any claims that the forum is inconvenient, over any disputes related to Scholarship Money, these Terms, the Site, or the Service.
The Site is controlled and operated from within the United States. We make no representation that the Site is appropriate or available in locations outside the United States. Anyone choosing to access the Site from other locations are responsible for compliance with applicable laws. International visitors must comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable content, including laws regulating the export of data from the United States or your country of residence.
16. PERSONAL INFORMATION AND OPT-OUTS
You agree that we or third parties acting on our behalf may send you emails regarding important information regarding your use of the Site and Service and other electronic communications such as newsletters and promotional materials. While using the Site or Service, if you agree to receiving a newsletter, promotional materials, or any other subscription or registration or use of another platform that partners with Scholarship Money then you will be deemed to have acknowledged, agreed, and consented to Scholarship Money use of your personal information and data for that purpose.
You may opt out of receiving the newsletters and other promotional messages at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link on the email, but you may not opt-out of receiving important items regarding the use of the Site, the Service or your account and the like.
17. DISPUTE RESOLUTION; ARBITRATION; WAIVER OF CLASS ACTION
Scholarship Money will try to work in good faith to resolve any issue you have regarding the Site and the Service through its customer service department. However we realize there may be cases where we may not be able to resolve an issue to a customer’s satisfaction. At Scholarship Money discretion, we may require that any dispute arising from these Terms or the Site or Service – including but not limited to disputes arising from or concerning contract interpretation or alleged invalidity or unenforceability, alleged breach, non-performance, or termination – to final and binding arbitration under the Rules of Arbitration of the American Arbitration Association applying California law. If you bring a dispute in a manner other than in accordance with this section, you agree that we may move to have it dismissed, and that you will be responsible for our reasonable attorneys’ fees, court costs, and disbursements in doing so. Additionally, in any action or proceeding to enforce rights under these Terms, the prevailing party will be entitled to reasonable attorneys’ fees, court costs, and disbursements.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW: (a) YOU AND SCHOLARSHIP MONEY AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION, AND (b) UNLESS BOTH YOU AND SCHOLARSHIP MONEY AGREE, NO ARBITRATOR OR JUDGE MAY CONSOLIDATE MORE THAN ONE PERSON’S CLAIMS OR OTHERWISE PRESIDE OVER ANY FORM OF A REPRESENTATIVE OR CLASS PROCEEDING.
SPECIFIC ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These Specific Additional Terms and Conditions set forth terms applicable only to (i) using of the Site to enroll as an applicant or (ii) an applicant who is logged in and using the Service.
1. Connected Accounts. Scholarship Money offers products and services that allow you to “connect” or “link” external accounts, such as a bank account, a loan, or a credit card account held at another institution. You agree to the following terms and conditions when you connect an account at another institution:
- If you elect to connect or link any such account at another institution, we refer to it as a “Connected Account.”
- Scholarship Money will obtain your account information. If you elect to connect an external account to Scholarship Money, Scholarship Money will obtain limited information from the Connected Accounts sufficient to provide the Service. The specific information Scholarship Money obtains may vary by institution and account type. You should assume Scholarship Money will obtain from the account any information that is available to you. For example, if you connect a bank account to Scholarship Money personal finance dashboard tool (described below), Scholarship Money can collect any information from the account, including balance and transaction information, such as amount of payments, debits, and deposits. If you connect a loan account at an external institution, Scholarship Money can collect loan balance, interest rate on the loan, and your payment history.
- To obtain information from Connected Account, Scholarship Money Acts as Your Agent. If you elect to connect an external account to Scholarship Money, Scholarship Money will connect to the account and obtain information at your direction and as your agent. Scholarship Money does not warrant that the information obtained from the external account is accurate, complete, or non-infringing. In addition, Scholarship Money will not be liable for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any information that you manually input or otherwise submit for purposes of using the Service, including any services offered by third-party vendors or business partners, such as Plaid.
2. Scholarship Money Personal Finance Dashboard Tool. If you use Scholarship Money Personal Finance Platform Tool service, the following terms and conditions also apply to you.
Scholarship Money offers personal tools to view, aggregate, and manage your information from multiple accounts. The information compiled includes accounts held at Scholarship Money and at external financial institutions, such as a bank account or a loan serviced by another institution. Scholarship Money offers these tools under the product name brand of “Personal Finance Dashboard Tool”. If you elect to connect an external account in the Personal Finance Dashboard Tool, you authorize Scholarship Money to obtain information from your Connected Account(s) and use it as described above in the section “Connected Accounts”. Scholarship Money Personal Finance Dashboard Tool is intended to only provide organizational and planning services for your financial information. The Scholarship Money Personal Finance Dashboard Tool tools and services are not intended to provide any financial planning, investment, tax, retirement planning or debt management or consolidation services or advice. Scholarship Money does NOT undertake any review of your account information to provide you with any advice or guidance. Scholarship Money does not make any determination about the suitability or appropriateness of any transactions you might undertake at Scholarship Money or elsewhere. If you elect to use Personal Finance Dashboard Tool, you are fully and solely responsible for your accounts and agree Scholarship Money only role is to aggregate compile data to information for presentment to you.
3. Scholarship Money Points Program. If you participate in Scholarship Money Points Program (the “Program”) whether through your Scholarship Money Credit Card or through the Site, the following terms and conditions also apply to you.
- Program Overview. The Program is a free membership-based program offered exclusively by Scholarship Money to our membership located in the United States. Individuals who meet the Eligibility Requirements (defined below) and who become members of our Service (“Members”) can earn Program points (“Points”) by engaging in certain “Eligible Activities” including, but not limited to, using Scholarship Money Service and making purchases with your Scholarship Money Credit Card. Please visit our Site for a complete description, including any additional terms and conditions, of the most current Eligible Activities and the process to earn Points.
- Eligibility. Subject to the Scholarship Money Credit Card Rewards Program Terms and Conditions (for those Members with a Scholarship Money credit card), this Program is open to all Scholarship Money account holders who are residents of the United States (excluding Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands and Guam) who have reached the age of majority in their state of residence. The Program is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Scholarship Money credit card is subject to credit approval and not all account holders or Members will qualify for a Scholarship Money credit card.
- General. Scholarship Money may offer Points to Members for participation in Eligible Activities. Points have no cash value, even if they accrue based on cash spent. Points are not your property and have no property value. Points are issued without separate payment or other consideration by you and exist at the sole discretion of Scholarship Money as part of the Program. Points cannot be purchased or sold, redeemed for cash or credit or any other monetary value or currency, or used to pay debts. Points may not be assigned, transferred, traded or pledged to any third party, except as expressly authorized by Scholarship Money. Points cannot be transferred by operation of law, such as by inheritance, in bankruptcy or in connection with a divorce. Points that are sold, transferred or assigned may be rescinded or confiscated at Scholarship Money discretion. Points will be available only to the owner of the Scholarship Money account and only if the Member engages in an Eligible Activity. Disputes as to the owner of the Scholarship Money account will be decided by Scholarship Money in its sole and absolute discretion.
- Earning Points. Members may earn Points by participating in Eligible Activities, which include using Scholarship Money Service and making purchases with your Scholarship Money credit card. In order to receive Points, the individual participating in Eligible Activities must be the Member and registered owner of the Scholarship Money account. A complete list of Eligible Activities is available on our site. The list of Eligible Activities and the Points that are awarded for those transactions may change from time to time in Scholarship Money discretion without notice
- Point Credits. Points will be credited to your account within 30 days after completing an Eligible Activity. The award transaction date can in some circumstances differ from the earn transaction date. Scholarship Money reserves the right to rescind or adjust at any time any pending or available Points that were awarded in connection with this Program. Points earned through fraudulent activity, sham, inaccurate reporting, mistake or falsified information may also be rescinded by Scholarship Money. Point can be accessed on your Scholarship Money account dashboard our site. If you believe you did not receive the correct amount of Points for an Eligible Activity, you must contact the Scholarship Money Customer Team within ninety (90) days of completing the Eligible Activity. Scholarship Money will make the final determination, in its sole and absolute discretion, as to whether Point adjustments of any kind are justified.
- Promotional Points. From time to time, Scholarship Money may offer opportunities to earn Promotional Points that are subject to Additional Program Terms (“Promotional Points”). All applicable Additional Program Terms associated with the specific promotional offer must be met in order to earn Promotional Points. Promotional Points will be posted to your Scholarship Money account within 30 days after the end date of the applicable promotion, unless otherwise specified in the promotion-specific Additional Program Terms. Promotional Point offers are not redeemable for cash and are void where prohibited by law.
- Point Expiration. Scholarship Money Points do not expire. However, modifications or changes to the Program, including termination of the Program, may impact an account holder’s ability to earn Points.
- Point Transfers. Scholarship Money may make available a tool to allow Members to transfer Points to other Members by completing a Points transfer application. To be eligible to receive a Point transfer, the recipient Scholarship Money account must be activated and the recipient Member’s primary email address must match the email address entered into the Point transfer application by the sending Member. As a Member, in the event of a Point transfer, you agree that your personal information such as your email address may be shared and used for purposes of completing the Point transfer process. Scholarship Money may set limits to the number of times Points can be transferred or to the number of Points that can be transferred. Transferred Points will be immediately removed from the sending Scholarship Money account and credited to the recipient Scholarship Money account. Point transfers are final, nonrefundable and nonreversible. Scholarship Money may rescind or confiscate Points and suspend the Scholarship Money accounts of any Members who are suspected of using the Points transfer tool in a manner inconsistent with these Terms or to sell, purchase, trade or barter Points.
- Program Modification and Termination.
- General. We may modify, amend, cancel, delete, change or terminate the Program or any of the Program Rules and Additional Program Terms in any manner at any time in our sole and absolute discretion, including but not limited to terms applicable to Eligibility Requirements, Points, or any other aspect of the Program. These modifications may affect Points already received, including Point value. We will provide notice of modification of these Program Rules by posting revisions to these Rules at our site and updating the last modified date. If required by applicable law, we will additionally send notice of the modifications to you at an email address we have on file. Modifications to these Program Rules are effective immediately when posted. You agree that each time you access your Account or otherwise use or participate in the Program you are accepting and agreeing to be bound by the then-current Program Rules. You are responsible for remaining knowledgeable as to any changes that we may make to these Program Rules and should therefore review the Program Rules each time you use or access the Program. If you do not agree to be bound by the Program Rules as modified, your only recourse is to cancel your Account and your failure to do so constitutes your continued acceptance of these Program Rules.
- Notice of Changes to Program Rules. We may, but are not required to, send notice to Members to advise them as to Point forfeiture or Program updates, modifications or changes. We will not be liable for failing to notify a Member of such changes, modifications or forfeitures, or for problems of any kind with any of the programming or equipment associated with or utilized by a Member, or for any human error or any disruption, interruption, deletion, omission, defect or line failure of any telephone network or electronic transmission, or for problems related to computer software, equipment, inability to access any website or online service, or any other technical or non-technical error or malfunction, or for lost, late, stolen, illegible, incomplete, unintelligible, misdirected or damaged mail or email.
- Termination of the Program. While the Program has no predetermined end date, we may terminate the Program at any time, with or without notice.
- Invalidity. If any provision of these Program Rules is invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect. The failure of us to exercise any of its rights under these Program Rules does not constitute a waiver of such rights in any other instance.
- Account Access and Member Communications. You may access your account, including your membership activity, Points balance and view the most current Program information and Program Rules on our site. By participating in the Program, you agree and acknowledge to receive emails related to the Program, including Program updates, and promotional email offer updates from us.